Monday, July 13, 2009

She Flew up to Heaven by the Wings of Angels

As I was driving out to my dad's shop today I thought a lot about my mom. I thought about the last time we really spent time together. The weekend before she passed away I came home Thursday because I needed to observe some elementary school classes for an assignment I had. I got to eat lunch with her that day, and we bought some bras together. :P On Saturday of that weekend we got our nails done, made dinner and just hung out together all day!! On Sunday of that weekend we cleaned the house and Jerry and I helped her put the blinds up. My dad was mowing the lawn when I got ready to go back to Ogden. I went out and told him goodbye, and came back in to tell my mom goodbye. I remember it exactly and it makes me cry just thinking about it. She was standing next to the banister next to the stairs, I gave her a hug and she told me not to spend too much time at Jerry's house before I left. She told me she loved me...I told her I loved her and then I went over to Jerry's house, Candice and Brett were there and we spent sometime stacking Love Sacs on top of each other and jumping on each other. It was a lot of fun. Then my mom called to see if I had left yet, I told her no, and that I would leave right then, and I did. I was about 5 miles north of Morgan when my mom called to see if I had made it there yet. She was doing laundry and we talked for a few minutes before she told me she would call me that night before she went to bed and then hung up. That was the last time I talked to her. Ohhh how I wish she would have called me that night before she went to bed, or I wish I would have called her. We did get to spend an amazing last weekend together. I wish I could relive that weekend for a while.
I miss her a lot, so much, everyday. I always think thoughts in my head like, "Well I'll just take it back, I will never let that happen." It's like I forget that she ACTUALLY is gone, and I think it's just a bad thought, a bad dream...a nightmare. But the truth of it is, it is real! I won't see her for another 80 years, (I have promised myself I am going to live to be 100) when I die and meet my mom in Heaven.
I have always believed that people who believe in God will live longer. (I.E The Pope, Gordon B. Hinkley and my Grandpa) I use to tell my mom this and she would say, "They have something to live for." I pray lots, love my family and friends and give myself something to live for. Because I am going to live to be 100.
My mom use to always tell us that because her mom and dad didn't live to be over the age of 65 she wouldn't either. I never want to cut my self short. I AM going to live to be 100!! :) And I have my mom watching over me! =)
If there is anything that my mom would want us to learn from this it is:
*1. Never forget to call when you say you will, you never know when we won't have the chance to call the people you love anymore.
*2.Always tell the person you love that you love them.
*3.Cherish everyday as if its your last, because it just might be.
*4. Give your self something/someone to live for.
*5. Don't limit your self, tell yourself you ARE going to live to be 100, not a day less.
"She flew up to Heaven on the wings of angelsBy the clouds and stars and passed where no one sees And she walks with Jesus and her loved ones waitingAnd I know she's smiling sayingDon't worry 'bout me" -Sissy's Song By Alan Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment