Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Independence Day!



Sheesh. Look at those faces.
I am so glad I that I live in America. I'm thankful for all those who have fought and protected our country. I am proud to say that I am American, and I live in country where freedom is thriving.

Today Jerry and I took my dad to the Valley to go to a wedding. We left him and a friend there while we came back to Evanston and hung out with Jerry's family. We ate dinner, hung out and lit off fireworks. Which brings me to my next point. Evanston is definately the best place to be on the 4th of July. There are so many fireworks. So many people. So much color, smoke and smell. It is amazing and unlike anywhere else in the world. We sat on the rooftop and watched everyones fireworks. Truely amazing. As I watched the fireworks today I thought a lot about my mom. I miss her so much, it's hard to believe it has been 8 months since she passed away. I wish she was still alive. Sometimes I think, maybe it really is just a dream, man, woudn't that be nice? I want her back, I want her hug. I love you momma!

I made a decision today that I never want my life to be overcomed with addiction, whether it is alcohol, cigaretts, drugs, gambleing....anything. I don't want to loose control over my life. I don't want to need something to make me happy and to satisfy my life. I worry so much about the people I see around me that are so addicted to things they have truely lost control.
Anyway, I hope that you all had a happy 4th of July!!

No comments:

Post a Comment