Monday, July 20, 2009

A Busy Weekend!


Our weekend was quite eventful and it went way to fast! On Friday I had the day off and I did lots of homework until about 4pm, then Jerry and I went to Montpillier for Kobie's baseball tournament. After working hard on homework I only had about a paragraph finished on my six page paper, so Jerry and I were going to go home Saturday so that I could finish. We stayed the night with Jeff and Teresa and watched Kobie's baseball games (which were very early,) they won the first game and lost the second. The second game really was unfair and they probably should have won it. But what's done is done. Jerry was very excited to find out that there was a car show in a near by park. We saw lots of neat cars, and one man told us all about his Model T (I think that's what it was?). We then decided not to go home that night, we stayed another night. It was a lot of fun to be with all the baseball kids and their families. I even got to hear some people talk [[good]] about Obama. It was a nice change from all the horrible stuff I hear about him.


On Sunday Jerry, Kobie, Jeff, Teresa and I ate breakfast and headed to the lake, where we met up with my dad and Taylor. We had a fun day on the boat. Taylor and Jerry wake boarded for the first time and did really good! I wish we would have had the camera. It was fun to have both of our families together. It started to get very cloudy and looked as if it was going to rain so we headed back to the marina. We loaded the boat, and by the time we were ready to head home the sun came out and the clouds disappeared. But we still went home. We were all very tired. We got home, took showers and then went out to dinner at Don Pedro's, thanks to Jeff and Teresa. =) We finished off our early night with a few games of pool.


I also decided yesterday not to finish my online classes, I was so wore out. I had no motivation to finish because the classes were only worth electives and weren't worth all the stress. In many ways I feel like a quitter, I worked all summer for nothing. But I did learn a lot, and that's all a class is really for right? I think so. I'm not a quitter, I worked hard for all that I learned throughout the classes.


It was so much fun to be with Jerry and our families all weekend. I'm so blessed to have all of them in my life.


Today I am going to lunch with some friends that moved to Texas a few years ago, they are in town visiting. It should be a lot of fun to catch up. :)


"A good memory is one that can remember the day's blessings and forget the day's troubles."


No comments:

Post a Comment