Monday, August 3, 2009

I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you.

This weekend was a long one. But who's complaining? On Thursday I got off work at noon and Jerry, Taylor and I headed down to Ogden. Jerry met with his advisor, and we paid for housing. Then we went to Bob's VW in Salt Lake, we got a few parts, and then we were off to Orem, to pick up some [part] for Taylor's car. Then we went through beautiful Provo Canyon on the way home. The whole ordeal took about 6 hours. We arrived home to my Aunt Kim and my cousins, Lynndsey, Emmy and Riley. Brett was in town and came over to see the Bug, he brought his friend Breanna.. and Taylor. My uncle Curt came over with his son, Ryan and Ryan's girlfriend. Later, Mark came over with his girl friend and her friend. I made Manicotti that night for about 15 people. Our house was full! Usually we never finish the Manicotti, but it was completely gone that night! We ended the night by playing Apples to Apples (which I won!) and watching The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.

The next day my Aunt Kim, Riley, Emmy, Lynndsey and my dad went to Big Piney for Kim's high school reunion. I stayed home and relaxed, until Jerry got off work. Then Jerry registered for his classes and we ate BBQ at the Fair for dinner, while watching a show. We went home and washed the Bug and Jerry painted the head lights. We went to bed early that night, and Jerry stayed at my house. :)

The next morning we were up by 6:30 AM and we got the Bug ready for the Car Show. We were at the car show, registered and parked by 8 o'clock, and we had until 10 for the car show to start. It was a very hot day so Taylor watched the car while Jerry and I got a tent and a cooler to make it through the day. The Bug was placed between two very nice cars. One very pretty red [[FAKE]] 32 Ford Coupe. And by fake I mean, it was a kit car, and he had it built only about 4 years ago. And the other was a Challenger (I think...haha) or possibly a Charger? I'm not sure, I get all those C's mixed up. Anyway it was a very nice and the owner knew it. His car ego was quite large. Sadly, the Bug didn't win any awards, but it was to be expected. We had lots of fun, and I look forward to taking the Bug to another car show soon! That night we played Poker with Jerry's dad and step-mom. We had lots of fun, and I did pretty good. :) After all, I am a professional. ;)

Yesterday Jerry, his dad, Rani and I floated down the river. It was so much fun! And nice an cool on a hot day. Only after about 10 feet down the river, Rani's tube popped! So Bart ran home to get a new one. While Jerry, Rani and I waited we saw two snakes. Gross! I hate snakes. Soon Bart was back and we continued down the river. There are a few rapids, and it is a lot of fun. After tubing Jerry and I went home and I ate a bowl of cereal while he had a bag of popcorn. I decided I was tired and began to take a nap. Five minutes into my nap, my aunt, my dad and cousins got home. We had a BBQ with ALL of the family, plus some. And while sitting in the hot sun we decided to have a water balloon fight. It was Riley and I against Jerry and Emmy (& Curt Kinda). It was lots of fun and soon enough the hose was brought out and we were soaked. :)

My aunt and cousins are heading back to Oregon today. :( It was so nice to see them but I wish we could see them everyday.

* I hope you had a fun filled weekend. Full of family, full of fun and full of blessings. :) I know we sure did.

"It's a funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it."-W. Somerset Maugham

No comments:

Post a Comment