Friday, August 7, 2009

"You're mom would not cook it that way!!"

For the last 9 months I have been trying my hardest to cook dinner at night, the way my mom use to. For the most part I have done well. On Monday night my dad told me to put a roast that was in the freezer in the oven during my lunch break on Tuesday. So Tuesday's lunch break came, I got the roast out of the freezer and put it in pan. I had never cooked a roast before, but I was pretty sure I wasn't suppose to put the roast in the oven frozen. So I asked Rani, she informed me that the roast should thaw for a day or so. So I did what she said, I put it in the fridge to thaw, and planned on eating it Wednesday. When my dad came home from work and found out that we were not going to have roast for dinner he was furious. I explained to him that the roast needed to thaw. He kept saying, "why don't you listen to me?" But I didn't think he knew what he was talking about, I have never seen him cook a roast before. He kept telling me, "You're mom always cooked it that way," or "You're mom would be so mad at you right now." So last night we ate the roast that had thawed in the fridge for a day. I thought it turned out pretty well, but my dad informed me I did it all wrong. And he said over and over, "You used too much water." Then, I said, "I remember now, mom use to brown the outside on the stove before putting it in the oven." ( I remember this so well, I know that's what she did) Then he said, madly, "You're mom would be rolling over in her grave right now." UGH! I was over it, I try so hard to make him dinner. I can promise you that roast is not on my menu for a long time, probably not until I have a family of my own that won't compare my roast to my mom's. Next time he wants roast, HE will be cooking it, and I made that clear.


In other news:

*Yesterday Katie and I swam in the river. It was so much fun!

*My dad, Jerry, Jeff, Teresa, Kobie and I are going to a Bee's game tonight.

*I can't wait until this workday is over!

*We're going to Lagoon Sunday!

*Katie and I are going school shopping next Friday!

*17 more days until school starts.


Have a good weekend!!


"You're a falling star, you're the get away car.You're the line in the sand when I go too far.You're the swimming pool, on an August day.And you're the perfect thing to say." Michael Buble-Everything

No comments:

Post a Comment