Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tomorrow may never come.

"It is great to be around someone that pushes as much as they pull and to know that they will be around to help you at the bottom and applaud you at the top."
-Krina Turner



Today is a good day. It's my last Tuesday at work. It's not too hot outside, and looks as it might rain. :) I have realized I have the best friends. I couldn't ask for better. I get scattered texts through out the day just to ask how I am doing. I only hope that I am the friend to them that they are to me.

I have been thinking a lot lately about this: We often look to the future expecting things to get better with time. We live life settling for what we have, believing that things will get better, our [[life]] will improve in the future. But the truth is, what we are experiencing now is, life! We only have one life, one chance to be happy, and we will never live this day again. I know it has been said many times, many different ways, but you never know how many more days you have left. For example if you're driving a car now, waiting for a better one to come a long you're never going to be happy with your current car. If you always think there is better out there, you are never going to be happy with what you have. Let's say, you have a Honda, but there is always going to be a Audi that you want, once you finally have the Audi there is going to a Bugatti. What I am trying to get at is, appreciate what you have, maybe it's not the best out there, but it's yours. There is always going to be a prettier girl out there, there will always be a bigger house, a faster car, a better paid job--the grass will always look greener on the other side. Realize that with out your [less] green grass, you wouldn't be the person you are today. That [less] green grass has nourished your body everyday. It has always been there for you. Sure, you can stretch your neck over the fence to get a bite of the green grass, but in the end your neck will be cut from the barbed wire. [If you're a cow that is. :P]
--Maybe I am totally off on this. But we should appreciate what we have today, even if it's not the best out there.

Did that make any sense at all?

**Have an amazing Tuesday. Appreciate what you have.

Yesterday is gone, tomorrow may never come, live today!

No comments:

Post a Comment