Saturday, August 22, 2009

Kind Hearts & Friendship


I had a wonderful day. Somedays I am so overwhelmed by the things people do that truly touch my heart.

*Today Rani (my *fill-in mom) took me to lunch. :)

*While I was at work, a man whom I have always considered a grandpa figure came to visit me. He said he came to get his Lisence plates a month early because he heard it was my last day at work. What a kind man. He is such a special person, and I hope he knows he is always in my heart and in my prayers.

*A little story: Jerry and I were sitting on the couch in his living room when we heard his little brother, Kobie down stairs on the phone. He obviously didn't realize we could hear him. After being on the phone for only a minute he said, "I'm sorry for how I acted earlier. I feel really bad." Honestly, what 12 year old kid says that without being prompted by his parents? What a sweet little boy he is. It takes a lot of guts to apologize to your peer. Later on in the conversation we found out it was a little girl he was talking to, which makes it even cuter!

*Rani gave me a book tonight. It's the same book that her dad gave to her. Her dad said it changed his life. It's called "The Secret." I let you know how it goes. Rani is such a thoughtful person. I am so thankful to have her in my life.

*Jerry helped his brother Taylor work on his car tonight. It's so good to see them working together instead of against each other. Taylor even thanked Jerry for helping him.

*My dad took me out to dinner tonight. It was nice to spend some time with him. I am not looking forward to leaving him on Sunday.

Have a happy weekend! Spend lots of time in the sun, you never know when the snow will be here. (In Wyoming at least.)
"In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit." ~Albert Schweitzer

No comments:

Post a Comment