Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thankful Thursday

It seems that every time I get ready to write a 'Thankful Thursday' blog, my mind is over loaded with blessings, and I never want to leave a single one out.

First and foremost, I am thankful for this blog. Before this blog I had no way of expressing my feelings about my mom's death in an organized, understandable way. (Not to mention, I thought blogs were just plain weird. :)

I am thankful for my dad who comes to tuck me into bed every night even though I am now 20 years old. I guess you could say I am a daddy's girl. :)

I am thankful for the ladies I work with, they really go out of their way to help me. They bought me a Manicure/Pedicure gift card this week to thank me for working for them this summer. Thank me? I should be thanking them!! :)

I am thankful for the Lord, who has really blossomed in my life this year. I always knew God existed, I have just never been so close to him.

I am thankful for the people that I have met through this blog and others. God brings people into your life for a reason, and sometime it takes a 100 piece puzzle to fit it all together. Everything happens for a reason.

I am thankful that school starts soon. I have always looked forward to the first day of school, even in college. Good thing I want to be a teacher. :)

I am thankful for the little things everyday that remind me, "Life is fragile. You only have one life. You will never live this day again."

I am thankful for Jerry. It's so nice to hear someone tell you they love you multiple times a day.

I am thankful for my friends. And quite honestly, "Why are we all going to different colleges?"
*I miss you girls!

I could go on forever. Because truthfully I am thankful for this life I have been given to live. I am thankful for all the opportunities I am given.



These pictures were taken sometime between 1989 and 1993 of my parents. They look so happy! :) I am thankful for all the pictures that bring back happy memories for my dad.

And, maybe just the tiniest bit, I am thankful to miss my mom. When they say, "You don't know what you got till it's gone." They're not lying. No one really receives their full appreciation until they are in Heaven.

And as always, I am thankful to have the most beautiful guardian angel in Heaven, I call her mom. :)

In other news:
*I should probably start packing up my stuff.
*We are going to Bear Lake on Saturday with Jerry's dad, step-mom and little sisters.
*We move into the dorms on Sunday!
*School starts Monday morning! :)
*Tomorrow is my last day of work.
*I learned what a Duvet cover is. I was a little disappointed when I didn't recieve a fully stuffed comforter. (That's where mom's come in handy.)

And for all of this, I am thankful.

I hope you are having a day full of blessings! Happy Thursday!

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean

1 comment:

  1. Nicole, those are wonderful pictures of your parents. In time, as difficult as it will be your father, he will be at peace with knowing someday he will hold your Mother again and he never has to let her go. I will keep him in my prayers.

    Just by your words, I can forsee your ability to inspire and teach people. You are going to be an amazing Teacher.

    ReplyDelete