Wednesday, January 26, 2011

You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast.

I took some pictures of Jerry a few weeks ago. I've been meaning to post about them for awhile now. Because I just laughed so hard.

You see, Jerry's mom got us a dresser for Christmas. Because between my large wardrobe, and every shirt that Jerry has owned, ever...the closet just wasn't working. You see, it's a walk in closet, sort of. Except, the bars to hang clothes goes horizontally ACROSS the width of the closet, then there are shelfs in the back that you can put clothes on. If we wanted to get to the shelfs in the back, we had to climb through the clothes that were hung. Basically, we desperately needed a dresser.

So on Christmas eve, the RC Willey men, came to the door with a dresser in their arms. I began to panic about the dresser fitting through the door, passed the Tv, and into the bedroom. Luckily it did, I signed the paper and the men were on there way.

I began filling the dresser with our clothes. Organizing, I had every drawer open, and the dresser began to tip over on me, I held the tv that was on top as I pushed the dresser back into place. I thought that I had just filled the drawers too full, and left them open, therefore the dresser tipped. No big deal.

Well, after Jerry and I got home from Christmas in Evanston, we decided to put our fish tank on top of the dresser, and that's when we found, the dresser was noticeably unlevel, crooked, leaning.far.forward.

Well, we tried a few different techniques. Jerry started by putting a piece of card board under one leg of the dresser. Well, come to find out, not only did the dresser lean forward, but also to the left. Jerry decided we would put coins under the dresser to level it. It took 5 or 6 coins, and they began to slip. So Jerry decided to tape the coins together. Nice huh?




Someday, I can't wait to live in a level house, with a big walk in closet. But until then I won't rush because how does that song go?

You're gonna miss this?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment