Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day!

I am very grateful for Martin Luther King Jr. in many ways.

He achieved so much in his lifetime, much more than most people.

I am thankful for this day off, sometimes everyone needs a day off.

Jerry and I stayed up till 12:30 playing Monopoly on the Wii last night.

He won 3 times, I won 1.

And in case you were wondering, it took us 5 hours to play 4 games. uh hu. Monopoly is a very long game, even on the Wii.

I woke up this morning around 9. I got on Facebook, and to my sweet surprise my best friend Katie was online. Which is typical, but not today, today she is in the Netherlands, with an 8 hour time change, all the way across the world.

And even though, usually Katie is 6 hours away in Laramie Wyoming, I miss her much more when she is in the Netherlands.

As I have chatted to Katie, for the last 2 and a half hours, I made stuffed bell peppers for Jerry and I to have for dinner. I prepared them all the way until the point that I would usually put them in the oven. Jerry is going to put them in the oven when he gets home. And while I was at it, I made a cherry chip cake. :)

I think I will take a shower, and go the Michaels to buy some craft stuff. I got a Cricut for Christmas, and I've been dying to make something!

I hope you too, are enjoying your Martin Luther King Jr. Day!

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.

-Martin Luther King Jr.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment