Wednesday, April 14, 2010

You are my sunshine

It's been a good day. A good day full of blessings. I have realized that life is precious. It's nice to spend time savoring the moment, spending time with those you love and just breathing in, fresh, warm air.

Last night, I scrambled to get everything done for today, including a major project, a 12 page psychology paper, a earthquakes worksheet and lesson plan to be implemented in class. stayed up until 1 am last night and work at 6:30 this morning. I got everything finished, one time, and I feel that I did a good job.

As I went to bed last night, at 1 am, I began thinking about our little house, did I mention that we got it?! I am so excited about it! I can't stop thinking about how I want to decorate it, I want to have some flowers out side, I want to have our own little place. I am so excited about it!

Jerry picked me up from class today, and I was so relieved to be done with so many big assignments. He had all the windows down and the sun roof open. I took a deep breath and told him it was warm! I asked him if we could get a slushee from 7-11. So we began driving. We passed a few 7-11's and just kept driving. We drove north for miles. We saw some incredibly big houses, we talked about being little, and spending the summer outside on our bikes, we decided that we miss it! It was so nice to just drive around together, carefree. Jerry pulled off the side of the rode, and we could see the whole Salt Lake Valley. It was refreshing. I love days like today.



I am overwhelmed with love and compassion. I feel as though I am the luckiest girl. I just want everyone to know how much I appreciate them.

Jerry, Jerold, Jers-Thank you so much for being my best friend. Thank you for laughing at my jokes, and telling me that everything will be okay. Thank you for driving me around Ogden, to look at giant houses. Thank you for being the one person that is always there fore me, everyday.

Dad- Thanks for calling me everyday, and for loving me as much as you do. You'll always be my best friend, you know? You are the sweetest, best dad in the entire world, and I couldn't have made it here without you.

Penny- Thanks for caring about me. Thank you for the sweet emails, and for taking an interest in my life. I can't tell you how much I appreciate you. You are one special person. Thanks for being my friend.

Uncle Curt- I miss you so much. Thank you for sending me holiday cards, and caring about my schooling. You're the best uncle any kid could ask for.

Pete- Thanks for being the best sister in the world. I can't wait to spend time with you this weekend!

Blog friends- Thank you for reading my stories, my fears, my pride and my rants. You're the best.

Spring has sprung!

Happy Wednesday!


post signature

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so happy that you got your little house. Do be sure to post pictures once you're done decorating and making it beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole....it would be a blessing to be a friend of yours. I pray all your friends value everything about you. I love to read your posts and I am so proud to be a part of your amazing life. Thinking about you always!
    Chas

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are my sunshine is one of my favorite songs! Delighted to meet you today.

    I hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit to get to know you. This looks like a refreshing place to take a dip in God's goodness.

    Splashing,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete