Monday, February 22, 2010

You Mean A Lot to Me Monday.

It all began in 3rd grade. I hated her. I was rude, and she tried to convince Dawn Anne that our club wasn't real. Not until middle school did I become her friend. And not until middle school did I realize she was my best friend, my very best friend. She's my Miss Katie!

We have been through so so much together. In middle school, we broke a chair playing musical chairs together. We were on the swim team together. I went to my first 'real' party with her. We use to cruise Evanston for hours every weekend. We would roll down the windows, take off the roof of my jeep and turn up the heater. I can tell her anything, anytime I have a new sickness I text her to ask what I should do. She is the smartest person I know, and I still continue to believe she is!

I had my very first job with her. We worked at Dominos together and had so many fun times. Let me tell you a little story,

One slow night at Dominos, Katie and I were working, and Bobbi was our manager. We always wondered what it would be like to put the dough on our face. So that night, with permission we did it! We got some dough out, made it the size of our faces, and pressed it up against our face. We would breath and the dough would create air bubbles, and it was so fun! Until this lady walked in, and man was she angry. I hid behind the pop case, while Katie got her, her pizza. She said to Katie, "Did you do that to my pizza too?" Of course, Katie being so sweet, explained everything to the lady, and we decided it would be a good idea not to put dough on our face anymore.

Katie is my best friend. And I know that God has put Katie and I in each other's lives specifically. You see, Katie's dad died when she was in 4th grade. She was strong, and even though she has missed him so much, she has made it! And the day that my mom died, Katie was the first person I told. I had to no idea how to even talk about it. I had no idea how to feel. She made the 5 hour drive to me from Laramie as fast as she could. And I don't think she left my side the entire time. I remember sitting at the counter at my house and Katie looking up a verse on the computer that her dad liked. It was "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference." And it all really made sense to me. Neither Katie or I could change the fact that my mom, and her dad were no longer with us, but we had each other, and God has sent her to me, to help me.

My mom loved Katie, just as much as I do. She always wanted to know where Katie was, and if we did something wrong, she would ground both of us. My mom, dad, Katie and I went to Mexico for our senior trip, and it was so fun. Since we were old enough to drink in Mexico, we ordered drinks of course, we would both order a drink, I would tell her I didn't like mine and she would drink both. :) We went fishing with my parents because they wanted to. It was the worst! I got so sick and was puking off the side of the boat, Katie was laying down watching the sky turn to water and quickly back to sky because the boat was rocking so much. Oh, our experiences!

Katie is the only person in the entire world that will honestly tell me if clothes look good on me or not. She is the only person that knows the special Kool-Ade recipe. She is the only person that understands how serious I am about joining the circus. haha. She is the only best friend that as perfect as she is!

The list could go on and on. I love that girl! She is so sincere and genuine. She is like my sister, and I don't know where I would be without her.

Dear Miss Katie,

I love you! Thanks so much for standing by me through everything. Thank you for helping me through all that life has to offer. You will never know how much I miss you, and how sad I am that we aren't able to stay the night at my house e.v.e.r.y night of the week. I miss sharing your clothes, because quite honestly, my wardrobe is dwindling. I know you will go far in life, and I know that you will always be a part of my life. If you were here now I would do our secret handshake, so do it in the air for good measure. :) I love you lady!

Love, Your Colie


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Yay for best friends!

    I always liked working with you two at Domino's 'cause you were so fun.

    ReplyDelete