Friday, February 5, 2010


Yesterday was, well...interesting.

Yesterday, I woke up to a plugged toilet. And we don't have a plunger in our apartment, and besides I thought that since I didn't plug up the toilet, It wasn't my responsibility to figure out how to unplug it. So I used Leah and Tiff's toilet, and got into the shower. The water in the shower wouldn't get warm, so I took a cold shower, I ran out of conditioner and was finished showering within 5 minutes. I brushed my hair and begin to blow dry it. My half broken blow dryer completely shuts off and won't turn back on. So I rummage through my room mates stuff to find her blow dryer and finish drying my hair, all while trying to hurry and get ready before Jerry is finished with class because I had to drive him to work so that I would have the car to drive my self to my field experience. I was all ready, although I had a bad hair day and my dress pants were wrinkly. We ate lunch and were off to Jerry's work. I dropped Jerry off and had about 45 minutes before I needed to go to the school. So I decided to go find Jordan's house. I drove around for around 20 minutes, found the house, and then headed to the school. I was pulling up to a stop light (in Jerry's car you can hear the bass outside of the car,) next to beat up old car with the windows down, a black man that was smoking a cigar whipped his head out of the window and starred at me, it scared me so much, my heart drop. And let me tell you, I am in no way racist, and the only reason I decided to mention that the man was black, was because Ogden has the highest gang population in the state of Utah, and it is not unusual to see gang members with tears tattooed on their face. I was in downtown Ogden, where there are homeless people roaming the streets, and gangs everywhere. Anyway I turned down the music and hoped for light to change to green. I finally got to Ogden Prepatory school, where I checked in at the office and headed to my classroom. The teacher I normally work with told me that the student I was going to work with was gone for the day, so she sent me down the hall to work in the science classroom. It was an interesting day, because I didn't really have an assigned job, and spent the day roaming around the classroom, helping with any student that asked for my help. I left the school at 3.

I then went to Jordan's house, and got a tour of the cute little house! I love it! It is so stinkin' cute. I spent time with their mean little doggie and Daymon too. I then went and picked up Jerry, took him to class then met Jordan at Wal-Mart. We picked out paint for her living room. It's going to turn out so good! I then went to pick Jerry up from class, and while waiting at a stop light, the car next to me was talking to me through some sort of speaker system. I wasn't replying, but just pretending I didn't notice the noise. It was so weird. We ate dinner at Costa Vida and it was so good, and we got to watch the people on the Flo Rida while we were there.

It was such a strange, fun, unusual day. And I hope I didn't bore you with all the details, just thought I would share. :)

Good news, our toilet is no longer plugged. :)

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I've ever had to actually take a cold shower.