Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Every cloud has a silver lining.

Every storm is followed by a rainbow.

So is it true?

Is there good within all bad?

Is every ugly situation followed by a beautiful one?

Should we somehow be thankful for even our greatest sorrows?

I can't think of one time in my life that my life hasn't been changed for the better because of the sorrow, because of the heart ache, because of the pain. Fights with loved ones build strength. Betrayal teaches trust. And at the very least, our mistakes teach us what not to do.

The day my mom died, and the days and weeks and months following, I could not understand why it had all happened. My mom was a good person....one of the best. Good things are suppose to happen to good people. And my mom's death is no exception. She got to meet Jesus at the gates of Heaven that day, November 10, 2008. She was forever surrounded by peace. But the selfishness inside myself kept me asking, "Why would God do this to me?" I feel I am a good person, or at least I try my hardest to be. But just now today, I have come to realize, the golden lining as been here all along. The clouds are beginning to clear and the rainbow can be seen. I have so much to be thankful for. New people have come into my life, and I am building stronger relationships with those I have always known. The death of my mom, helped Jerry and I to build a relationship that not many others are able to experience. Jordan and I reunited the day of my mom's funeral after a few years of high school fights. I couldn't be any luckier to have her in my life. She has taught me so much and I am so incredibly grateful to have her back in my life. Mine and my dad's relationship with my Aunt Kim and Sherida has grown stronger, and they have helped us through so much. My sister calls and checks on us more often, and we have become the best of friends. I prayed for months for someone or something to come into my dad's life, to help him, to bring him joy and to comfort him, and without a doubt I know that God sent Penny our way. We couldn't be any luckier than to have Penny in our lives. She has taught me so much, she has made my dad dinner, helped him find joy, and comforted him in ways no one else could. My sister has a new boyfriend, Jay, and they are expecting their first baby, a huge blessing. I know without a doubt, that my mom is looking down on us from Heaven, and wouldn't want our lives any other way. I know she wants us to be happy, because she too, is happy... happier than ever.

It is not that I don't miss my mom, because I do, so much, everyday. It's just that I have come to realize that the world is not out to get me. God has a plan, and his plan is not to cause us all pain and sorrow, but rather to fulfill the life he has planned for us. My mom had fulfilled her duty on earth, and it was time for her to reunite with her mom and dad and Jesus. And it was our time to fulfill our duty, and to do it alone, without her. Along the way God has sent help, through many unexpected people, and we couldn't possibly be more blessed. To see the silver lining is bliss, and I hope you too, see the precious blessings from God.

Never feel hopeless because difficult times always lead to better days.


post signature

1 comment: