Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thankful Thursday


*I am so thankful to have Jerry at Weber with me. It is so much easier being away from having him with me.

*I am thankful for my roommates. I am so grateful that they help keep the apartment clean and a nice place to be. They are amazing girls, and I am so glad I have them as a a part of my life.

*I am thankful to have Baillie to give me a relaxing pedicure. :) And to give Jerry a cute (short) hair cut.

*I am thankful for Katie, who calls me to tell me she misses me and that she loves me. Who could ask for a better best friend? I sure do miss her too.

*I am so very thankful for this life that I have been given and a God to lead me through it. A couple things have been tough for me this week, but eventually I know it will be okay.

*My Environmental Appreciation teacher told us today, crying, that his wife died six weeks ago from cancer. It made me cry, but helped realize that my dad and I aren't the only ones going through the pain of a loss. It also made me think:
When he told us that it had been six weeks since his wife died, I thought about how I felt six weeks after my mom died. And I know that at that point, I didn't want it to be real. I kept thinking of ways I could have stopped it if I could just go back in time. I didn't want to move forward, but I had no choice. Life was still going on around me. And everything else in the world was moving forward. Everyone says, "move on." But at this point I still don't feel ready to move on. I can't help but think of my mom everyday. I miss her so much. Although I don't cry as often, I find myself with a huge lump in my throat holding the tears in. Out of embarrassment, I don't cry in front of anyone but Jerry. I am thankful to have him to cry to. I hope that my teacher has someone that he finds comfort in. I will keep my teacher in my prayers.

*My dad seemed so sad today. So down in the dumps. I hate that there is nothing I can say to make him feel better. I can't just bring another women in his life to replace my mom, and in no way do I want to replace my mom. It isn't possible. She is the most amazing person I have ever met. She could always bring a smile to my face. Oh how I miss her so much. Luckily I will be home again with my dad for the three day weekend soon, and for that I am thankful..

*Rani let me know today that she had a doctors appointment, and her new diet has improved her health. No diabetic worries anymore. :) I am thankful to have a healthy *fill-in mom again. :)

*I am thankful to have a three day weekend ahead. :)

Remember, everything happens for a reason.

1 comment:

  1. Nicole,
    Beautiful entry...I'm so happy you to are Thankful on this Thursday. It is hard to believe that others to have had to endure such pain as you and your father. My husbands sister passed away 1 year and a 1/2 ago from Cancer, she was 42 years old and has 2 teen boys. It was so tough to watch people I love being hurt so much by something they had no control over. I will continue to pray for you, your father and your teacher. The Lord will lift us all up and give us strength.

    ReplyDelete