Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thankful Thurday

As usual, you don't realize how lucky you truly are until you sit down and list the things you are thankful for.

This Thursday I am thankful for:

* My special dad. No one could ask for a better friend, hero, dad and advice giver. When ever I need someone to tell me I can do it--he's there!

* Rani, who has scheduled a wellness check up for me tomorrow. Although I am not looking forward to the appointment, and getting my blood drawn, I am thankful for the health care that I am able to receive and the health insurance that allows such health care to be affordable.

*And while talking about the subject, I am thankful that our government is working toward a socialized health care system. I can just imagine how excited my mom would be!! All my life she would tell me about socialized health care systems, she always believed that's what America needed.

*I am thankful for my beautiful sister, who texts me to tell me she loves me, even though she is very busy.

*I am thankful for a sweet lady who I met through blogger. She is a special lady with a big heart. It's amazing how people come into your life at just the right time.

*I am thankful for Jerry. What an amazing boyfriend he is. He meets me after class, walks me to other classes, helps me make dinner and even helps me clean up. :)

*I am thankful for all of you who pray for my dad and I. I know God is listening. :)

*And forever, I am thankful for my beautiful guardian angel in Heaven!

So often we dwell on the things that seem impossible rather than on the things that are possible. So often we are depressed by what remains to be done and forget to be thankful for all that has been done.
-- Marian Wright
Edelman

No comments:

Post a Comment