Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thankful Thursday


*When I sit back and think about the things that I am thankful for, I realize that I really am a lucky person. I shouldn't complain as much as I do, and I should probably thank God more often.

I am thankful for many things this Thursday.

I am so very thankful that my dad was quite talkative today. We talked the whole time I was making tacos for dinner. Which is quite a while for him. My mom and I use to talk on the phone all the time. I would call her after every class. I would call to tell her things, and she would call to tell me things. I would call to ask her how to cook things and she would call to remind me to clean my bathroom and make my bed. I miss those phone calls. But my dad is getting better. We are coming up with more things to talk about other than whats for dinner and if he fed the cats or not. Yesterday he made me talk to Stanley (my cat) over the phone. My mom made me do that all the time. I am so thankful that my dad is handling being home alone fairly well. He seems sad, but we are making it through it, I can't ask for more than that.

I am so thankful that Jerry is at Weber with me. Last year was so tough because I didn't know anyone here, and I was 200 miles away from Jerry. I am thankful for his help when it comes to taking out the trash and the recycling. I am thankful that he went to the gym with me today, it's nice to have some one to talk to while working out.

I am thankful for Weber's gym, which is huge! There are lots of things going on there all the time. I am thankful for my roommates who went to a Step Aerobics class with me yesterday. Hopefully we'll make it there every week. :)

I am also thankful that we have food to eat everyday and friends to share it with. We aren't starving college kids afterall. :)

I am thankful for my professors who are helping me a earn a degree. I am especially thankful for Kristen, my advisor, who has helped me in so many different ways.

I have had a few dreams about my mom this week. I love those dreams. I am so thankful for them, they are so real. I have a quote above my bed that says, "Believe in the Beauty of your Dreams." I believe that my mom is in my dreams for a reason. And for that, I am thankful.

Most of all, I am thankful for the memories I have of my mom. I remember her telling me to cut a tomato, which I was reminded today while making tacos. I remember her telling me how to clean the bathroom. I remember her teaching me as a child that lying is never okay, I am reminded of that every time I try to get out of certain situations by being dishonest.

"I am thankful to God from whom all blessings flow, and to my family and friends who enrich my life."
Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment