Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thankful Thursday

It's a beautiful day to be thankful. :)
I am thankful that my interview is over, and went well. :)) It wasn't so bad after all.
--It's funny, as soon as it was over, I was so relieved. It seemed like fireworks should have gone off or something, just because I accomplished my interview. But nothing happened. Life just went on. :) And I am very grateful for that.

I am thankful that Winter only decided to show up for one day. I am not quite ready for full-fledged Winter quite yet. Although it is very pretty.
Snow on the last day of September. Still in the mountains.
I am thankful for the beautiful Asian people who do my nails. I haven't been in, in a while and today they asked about my sister, (who is actually just my best friend) and they asked how my mom was. I said she was doing good (I just didn't mention she is with Jesus, I didn't have the heart to do it. And the language barrier makes it difficult.)

I am thankful for Justine. She can bring a smile to my face, without even being around. We have the greatest memories together, they make me laugh just thinking about them.

I am thankful for my dad, who reminds me everyday how much he loves me.

I am thankful for the Lord who is helping my dad each and everyday. The distance between my dad and I is getting easier.

As always I am thankful for my one-of-a-kind guardian angel in heaven.

Isn't she beautiful? We hated this picture when it was first taken. I love it now. :)
Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.
-- Melody Beattie

No comments:

Post a Comment