Wednesday, December 30, 2009

There is a God

I have been wanting to post about Christmas. Because it was so very special this year. But it will have to wait until next week or so when I can include some pictures. :)
As for now, I just want to share some thoughts.

Jerry and I went to Big Piney yesterday to visit my Grandma and Grandpa. Last week something told me that I really needed to go see them, so I scheduled a day off and we went.

They are doing good. My grandma made a delicious lunch. We talked and talked and talked. She made me laugh, that Grandma of mine, she is just so....perfect. My Aunt Amy was there, she has down syndrome, but none the less she is perfectly, happy and content. She could really lift anyones' spirit. I just love her!

We finished off the night having dinner at my uncle John's. We watched a movie that my cousin Seth made, played some Wii bowling, and chatted with my aunt Kim!

It was such a good time, and I am so so glad that we went.

While we were driving home the song 'There is a God' by Lee Ann Womack came on, and it really got me thinking.

As I grew up, I always knew there was a God, mostly because my parents told me so. I went to CCD Sunday school classes at Church, and I learned more and more about God. I memorized prayers and read the bible, and I still do to this day. But more than ever I am seeing God through my life, through my experiences.

There is a part of the song that goes like this,

Stop and think about what you don't understand. Things like life and love and how the world began. Hear the doctor say he can't explain it. But the cancer is gone.

I have often thought about how the world began. I have thought many times about how we were given the chance to live on earth. And the only way to possibly explain it is through, God. It is amazing the love and compassion we can feel for one another. It is unbelievable how miracles happen. We have one crisis after another, and still everything is okay. We can pray and lives can be changed. Some ignore God, and lives are changed in that way too.

I have no doubt in my mind that there is a God.

Call it my testimony.

Call it my belief.

Call it whatever you may like, I just hope God is found in your life too.

There was a rainbow over my house on the day of my mom's funeral.

My Grandma and Aunt Roberta also saw a rainbow on their way home from the funeral.



I couldn't ask for anymore proof that my mom met Jesus at the gates of Heaven on November 10, 2008.

I know a few people who are so filled with the Holy Spirit that you can feel it just being around them.

My Grandma Helena and Grandpa Bob never miss a day of Church. They recite the Rosary while in the car to insure their safety. They pray all.the.time. They are living a life through God, and I have no doubt their lives are very fulfilling. They are such special people.

Another person is my God Mother, Debbie. She is the prettiest, most sincere, sensitive person I know. She has the softest, truest voice. Someday I hope to be just like her. :)

This year as my New Year's resolution, I want to make sure I go to church every Sunday. I come up with excuses like being tired, having too many things to do and things like that. But those are lousy excuses, I know.

I want to become a better person.



I know there is a God.



On that note, I have prayer request.



Jerry's Grandma was diagnosed with Kidney Disease in early 2009. She has been going through Dialysis. She found a kidney donor, but soon after they found a blood clot in her leg. Before the transplant could be done, the blood clot needed to be cleared up. The blood clot cleared up and January 5th was the date set for her the receive her new kidney. For whatever reason a few weeks ago we found out that the man who agreed to donate his kidney could no longer donate. She was devastated. (do you blame her?) On Christmas day she got up and was having a hard time breathing, she called 911, and they took her to the hospital. A cat scan showed that she had 7 blood clots in her lungs. She was taken to LDS Hospital in Salt Lake, there she can receive dialysis, and treatment for her blood clots. Would you please pray for her? Please pray that there will be no more blood clots. Please pray that she will become healthy in 2010. Pray that she will live a long life. Please pray that someone steps forward to donate their kidney.



post signature

1 comment:

  1. That was a wonderful post to read. Thanks for sharing your belief in God with us. :)

    ReplyDelete