Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Money

This morning as I got ready for work my dad said, "Cole you spent too much money." I was confused and asked why. He continued to tell me that I spent too much money on Christmas presents. But I would have to say that I don't agree. How often do I have an excuse to shop...how often do I have an excuse to buy something nice for someone...how often can I truly spend money on something other than school and not feel completely guilty about it?
Christmas time...that's when!
The truth is, what is the point of having money if you're never going to spend it? Besides, I much rather spend it on someone else than myself. Anddddd, the whole reason I decided to work during Christmas break was so that I could make some Christmas money.
I know that someday I won't have the opportunity to buy gifts for the people I love. I am always seeing gifts that I would love to buy my mom, I just simply can't.
I make money to spend money.
And that's the way I like it.
And next week, when I have to pay my tuition, I will then tell myself, "Someday this will pay it's self off." But until then College remains as a endless black hole in my savings account.
Let's consider all this money I'm spending as a community service. Maybe I can boost the economy eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment