Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My job and my career.

I can't say that I love everything about my current job.

I wouldn't even say that the job I have now is something that I would enjoy doing for the rest of my life.

There are moments when I would rather flip burgers at Mc Donalds. And there are moments when I question my future career that I have spent 3 years so far preparing for.

There are several times EVERY day that I shake my head in disbelief. And there are times that I want to give up and walk away.

Certain situations put me right back in my childhood, others make me wish I was still there.

Patience and smiles have to be plentiful all.day.long. And not a day goes by that I don't tie shoes, wipe noses or kiss boo boos.

I get home from work, to tell Jerry about the kids, the funny things they say, the fights they get in to, the questions that they ask.

"Why is my shadow following me? And why is it black?"

There are times when, "Miss Nicole" is the last thing I want to hear.

But never a day goes by that there isn't a moment that makes me think ((that's why I want to work with kids.))

I smile all day long. I laugh all day long. I get drawings and hugs all day long.

Every day that I am at the daycare, especially the days that I work with the school age kids, I learn more and more. I learn what to do, and even more, I learn what not to do.

Everyday I spend 8 hours with kids that I won't know in 2 years, but to know that I had a part in their life means everything to me.

Who knew a minimum wage job would be worth so much more?


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment