Thursday, June 16, 2011

June 17th

Happy Birthday mom. I wish you were here to celebrate. I would drive to Evanston, just to see you on your birthday. I would make you German chocolate cake, and Kimber would come to visit. I can see you dancing to Simply Red, that would be playing loud in the back ground. You would have shorts on, because it would be a hot day. You would be so happy because everyone you love would be there to visit. At work you would eat cake and dad would send you flowers. And you wouldn't even mind that you were turning 53 years old, because you never looked a day over 30.

You would hold Stanley and B, kissing them on their neck as they purr. You would laugh and smile at your beautiful grand daughter. And I would look at you, smiling, knowing that I am the luckiest girl in the world to have you as my mom.

But because you aren't here, physically, to celebrate your 53rd birthday, we will celebrate your life, and the legend you left behind. We will spend the weekend, camping in "Winnie" our old motor home, and hanging out on "The Woman," our boat that we named after you. Not a minute will go by that we won't watch for you in the sky, and we will tell stories of your life. But most of all, we will be happy, because I know that more than anything, you would want us to be happy, especially on your birthday.

Never a day goes by that we don't think of you. You are a precious piece of our hearts and always will be. I love you mom, and I miss you more than words can tell. I can't wait to see you again someday.

Happy Birthday Momma!

I love you.

Cole



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment