Thursday, July 8, 2010

Three Year Olds


Today I was in the 3 year old classroom....ALL DAY!

Forget Terrible Twos.

The three year olds have something about them. They are stinkin' cute! They're cuddly. And they say the cutest things!

BUT, when you get more than one of them together, all a sudden they turn into little monsters!

And they're smart. They know how to manipulate, they know how to annoy and they most definitely know how to get revenge.

Just imagine if we all live our lives the way three year olds do.

We would hit, kick, scream, spit and cry to get what we want.

When we are asked to take a time out, for a tiny 3 minutes, we will throw our self on the floor and then throw the chair that we are placed on.

We would fight sleep, even when our eyes couldn't possibly stay open another minute. We will then insist that in order to sleep we need our shoes, cup, favorite blanket, stuffed animal, latest art project, socks, hair ribbons and a random fork at our side.

When we don't get the toy we want to play with we will find the person with the toy that we want and we will hit them, bite them, kick them and spit on them.

We would gargle our milk at meal time, and dunk all food in milk before eating it.

We would play in the toilets, sinks and any other forbidden thing we could reach.

We would always be saying, "Teacher 'so&so' just hit me."

In order to get revenge we would tell our friends, "Get him!", and point out the victim.

Because honestly, that is how three olds act, when they are in groups of 5 or more at daycare.

Some days, like today, they push me right to edge, and then I think, what the heck? I love kids, why are they making me so crazy.

But at the end of the day, when my shift is over and they come to hug me good bye, I forget all the things that irritated me. And I still love them....

So please, don't act a three year eh?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment