Monday, January 18, 2010

You Mean A Lot To Me Monday

My dad. He sure does mean a lot to me. :)

My dad is the strongest person I know. He is a hard worker. He has the funniest sense of humor. He is handsome and loving.

I have always been a daddy's girl. When I was little I loved the days that he would take me out in his truck. He use to do my hair, and he would use so much hair spray and my hair would turn out pretty crazy.

Let me tell you a few stories about my sweet dad.

My family was going to a BBQ at one of my parents friends house and my dad got me dressed for the day. He put me in shorts with a long sleeve shirt, and I remember thinking that it just wasn't right to be wearing a warm shirt with shorts. ha!

My dad has always dressed me up for Halloween. One year I was a crow and my sister was a scarecrow, one year I was a rodeo clown, and another year I was a pig and my sister and my cousin were also a pig, we were the three little pigs. When I was in 4th grade, my dad dressed me up as a football player, wearing his football uniform. My best friend had dressed up as a cheerleader, and when my dad was dropping me off at school I said, "I wish I was a cheerleader," and my dad said "Cole, you can't take the easy way out." I will never forget that, and I am glad that I always wore the crazy costumes that I did. They were all so clever and cute.

I love my dad so much. He has been so strong though everything. He can do anything, and whenever I ask him for help, he always knows the right thing to do. I don't know where I would be without him. He has taught me so much, and I couldn't possibly ask for a better dad.

I will never forget the day that he came to my dorm and had to tell me the heartbreaking news that my mom had died. I don't know how he did it, and is so strong. I know that someday he will be okay again. I know he still has a long life to live. :) He is the best dad.

Dad,

You mean so much to me. Thank you for giving me the life that everyone dreams of. Thank you for all the things you have taught me. Thank you for being strong, and for supporting me through everything I do. I hope you know you have so much to live for, and I will always be here for you. I love you dad!

Love,

Cole

My dad, he's my hero.

post signature

2 comments:

  1. It makes me happy to hear about great parents. It seems they're kind of rare nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kidlets are my raison d'etre...I would love to think they have as much care, and warmth and love as you display writing to and about your dad Nicole...I am sure he is justifiably proud of you and returns the love a hundredfold.

    BR

    ReplyDelete