Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Never a day goes by, no matter how bad the day may seem that we aren't surrounded by God's blessings.

Haiti needs our help. In this great time of despair and tragedy, they need our help. Are you asking what help could we possibly participate in half way across the world? Funds...you can donate a mere $10 by texting "HAITI" at 90999. Would you, please? You can also donate your contributions at redcross.org.

I am thankful that I have never been through an Earthquake. I am thankful that I don't have to search for my friends and family through buildings we once viewed as protection. I am thankful that I have not had everything taken away from me through an awful Earthquake. I am thankful that there are people doing all that they can to help at this tragic time. I am thankful for the RedCross which has enabled our help. I am thankful for the power of prayer, Haiti needs our prayer at this time.

I can't even imagine....please pray.

On to the brighter side of things.

I am thankful for Daymon, I got to spend the day with this little boy, he is the cutest. He made me smile all day. He says, "What's that?" about EVERYTHING. Ha, but it is so cute. And I just love it when he says, "YES!' It's so enthusiastic and cute! What a fun day. However, I was thankful for the nap he took. :) I am thankful for the reminder that I am not ready to have kids, and I am ever so thankful for all the mom's out there, and Jordan (Daymon's mom) especially. I am so impressed. I don't know how you guys do it everyday, you are amazing.

I am thankful for Elton John, Billy Joel, Simon and Garfunkel and The Beatles, listening to the music reminds me so much of my mom. I can hear her singing it, dancing to it and telling me the meaning behind each song. ((A funny story, when I was little I use to worry that I would never like music of my generation because I always liked my mom's better. And I still do! :) I never knew there was a reason I liked it so much. Now I know that the music has been a reminder, a symbol of my mom's love.))

I am thankful for the reminders that I receive daily that remind me that I am truly blessed. I couldn't ask for anything more. Everything does happen for a reason, and it is all worth it.

This is it. This is your only life.

LIVE IT!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Yes, we should all be thankful right now that we were not one of the millions of people in Haiti who experienced that tragedy. I'm praying for them every night.

    ReplyDelete